Android phones are quite low price over time without losing interest due to its good hardware. These will surprise you by their fall.
Technology tends to fall in price over time, it is something irremediable. With the race to launch new features constantly, the oldest descends without their characteristics do so. So, why not take advantage of this reduction? Especially when it is consistent.
This article arises as a result of a peculiar mobile that, after being worth more than 600 euros in its launching, can be acquired now by little more than 100. There are occasions in which the hardware penalizes the experience, but it does not always happen. Do you want to prove it?
1. YotaPhone 2
I've been behind this phone since they presented it. I already marveled the company in the MWC with the original YotaPhone, so the second version had the land won. And it's no wonder: it's still worth it even though the hardware is 2 years old.
It is true that a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 is somewhat old-fashioned and has the problem that it will not officially update Android Nougat. Yes, the second screen of electronic ink continues to be wonderful and an attraction that deserves the 129.99 euros it costs. As you read: a whole YotaPhone 2 in international and new version for less than 130 euros (its original price was 699 euros). The description of bargain should have your photo.
It is in several Chinese stores for that price, but I prefer Coolicool because it has the YotaPhone 2 version that starts with Android Lollipop. It's something.
- Screen 5 "AMOLED Full HD, 1920 × 1080 pixels, 442ppi and Gorilla Glass 3
- Screen 4.7 "always lit electronic touch ink, 960 × 540 pixels, 235ppi and Gorillas Glass 3
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon800 at 2.2 GHz
- 144.9 x 69.4 x 8.95 mm and 145 grams of weight
- 8MP camera, LED, 1080p 30fps video.
- 2.1MP front camera
- 2GB of RAM
- 2500mAh with wireless charging
- 32GB of storage
- GSM / EGPRS 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz, LTE (relay 9, cat 4) bands 3, 7 and 20, VoLTE
- FM radio, accelerometer, proximity sensor, light sensor, microUSB 2.0 (slimport), BT 4.0, NFC, GLONASS, Nano-sim
- Android 4.4 KitKat
2. LG Flex 2
I do not understand what happened to LG with its Flex range. Apart from being huge and that the quality of bending is not the most desirable, the LG Flex 2, latest version, is a phone call. I could prove it and, although its dimensions did not convince me, in terms of power and performance it is outstanding. Especially for less than 260 euros on Amazon (officially it was worth 649).
You have to keep in mind that saving the LG Flex 2 in your pocket is complicated, but it sweeps in power to most of the mid-range with the same price. And the self-repairing rear housing is worth mentioning: it's worth passing the knife. Or the scissors, as they have done with the price.
- P-OLED 5.5-inch screen with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution and 403 dpi pixel density
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor with 64-bit architecture at 2GHz
- Adreno 430 GPU
- RAM memory of 2GB LPDDR4 to 1600 MHz
- 13MP rear camera with autofocus, OIS and laser
- 2.1MP front camera
- 3,000 mAh battery with fast charge
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with Optimus UI
- Dimensions: 149.1 x 75.3 x 7.1-9.4mm
- Weight: 152 grams
- Internal storage of 16 / 32GB expandable by microSD up to 2 TB.
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, Bluetooth Smart Ready 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac, Infrared, Slimport, A-GPS, NFC.
3. Nexus 5X
I have two proposals for 2014, one with hardware from 2013 (the YotaPhone 2 came out somewhat outdated). The one of now is more recent: Nexus 5X. Need I say more about this call? Pure Android, official updates and fast, and Android Nougat, good camera ... And a battery that, unfortunately, is not up to par. But the price elevates the balance towards the positive: 272.59 euros (479 at launch).
For what it costs I recommend it with closed eyes. If you want a good mobile, manageable and with the guarantees of being up-to-date in software, the LG Nexus 5X is for you. Waiting to see the new Pixel is a real bargain. And with the guarantee of buying it directly from Amazon Spain. Yes, I recommend you invest a little more to take the 32 GB model.
- Screen of 5.2 "LCD 1080p (424ppi)
- Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 at 2GHz
- 2GB of RAM LPDDR3
- Up to 16/32 GB of internal storage eMMC 5.1
- Non-removable 2700 mAh battery
- WiFi 802.11ac, NFC and Bluetooth 4.1, Stereo front speakers
- Back button with fingerprint scanner
- 12.3MP rear camera (1.55um, f / 2.0, IMX 377, laser focus, electronic image stabilization EIS, double flash and 4K video recording)
- 5MP front camera (1.4um, f / 2.2)
- Micro USB Type-C, 3.5mm jack and nanoSIM
- 147 x 72.6 x 7.9mm, 136 grams.
4. Nexus 6P
I recognize that the price of the Nexus 6P is not as good as the previous mobile phones, but even so, I think it is an unbeatable price for what it offers. Everything a Nexus 6P for little more than 400 euros when it is still worth 649 in the Play Store? Put me two.
As with the 5X, I do not think I should give reasons for you to take home the Nexus 6P. High quality construction in aluminum, power and performance at the height of any high range (something behind the most current), a camera that is a "lujazo" and with the advantage of immediate Android updates. You already have Nougat, for example. And "only" for 417 euros. Yes, it is in quotation marks.
- 5.7 "QHD AMOLED screen
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 810
- Gorilla Glass 4
- Metallic unibody design
- USB Type C and fingerprint reader.
- 3 LPDDR4
- 13 MP Sony IMX230 camera, 4K recording
- 8MP front camera
- 32GB - 64GB - 128GB
- 159.4 x 78.3 x 7.7mm
- Codename: Angler.
5. LG G4
This is another smartphone that dropped considerably in price to become a bargain. Much better than most models that are located in the same strip for cost and with an enviable performance at all times. Of course: as with the Nexus 5X, which is almost brother, the battery lasts very little. But you can put a leather back cover, change the battery or add SD.
At the time of writing the post was 299 euros, but rose in price in the specific store (Media Markt). I have found it in DvdAndorra for 319 euros, which is still very good price. It's 329 in MediaMarkt and around 350 by Amazon. Its original price was 699 euros (with the leather case).
- Measures: 149.1 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm.
- Weight: 155 grams.
- Display: 5.5-inch QHD panel. Resolution of 2,560 x 1,440 pixels, density of 534 pixels per inch. 1500: 1
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 six-core Cortex A57 + A53 at 1.8GHz
- Camera: 16 megapixel rear with f / 1.8 aperture and laser autofocus. OIS 2.0 image stabilizer. Video in UHD. Dual flash. Front 8 megapixels and f / 2.0 aperture.
- RAM memory: 3GB LPDDR3
- Internal memory: 32 GB. Expandable with microSD.
- Battery: 3,000 mAh. Removable
- Network: 4G / LTE / HSPA + 21 Mbps (3G).
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 4.1 LE, WiFi 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac (2.4 / 5GHz), NFC, GPS. 4K Slimport
- Software: Android Lollipop 5.1.1.
6. Motorola Moto X Second Generation
Choosing a range top a couple of years ago is not usually a bad option: a lot of the mobiles that are below 200 euros have a processor that loses in terms of benefits. The same happens with appearance and construction. More examples? The Motorola Moto X.
Okay, it's a smartphone that's a couple of years old, but it's perfectly capable of sustaining ordinary use without getting messy. In addition to that it is very beautiful and has almost pure Android with the additions of the old Motorola. And I still did not say the price: 189 euros new in Amazon Spain with Premium shipping. It was worth 499 euros, eye. Battery penalty, one of its main failures.
- Super AMOLED screen of 5.2 inches FullHD 1920 × 1080
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (MSM8974AC) QuadCore at 2.5GHz
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB or 32GB of storage
- Rear camera 13MP f / 2.25 Sony IMX135 with LED Flash double ring / Front of 2MP
- Support 4G LTE Cat 4
- Customizable voice commands
- Aluminium frame
- 802.11a / b / g / n / ac + BT 4.1, USB2.0, GPS / GNSS, MHL, DLNA, NFC, NanoSIM
- 2300mAh battery with fast charge (8h of use with 15min)
- 140.8 x 72.4 x 9.9 mm (thickness in the center, slightly curved)
- 144 grams.
7. Huawei P8
Remate this small collection of Android phones that were worth a fortune and now are a bargain with another of those smartphones that are more recommended before any current midrange: the Huawei P8. The P9 also came down quite a bit, but for much less you get a cell phone that does not have much to envy your older brother.
Compact, straight lines and minimal, with great emphasis on the capture of photography, with all the benefits that a good mobile phone must have and with a price that is very worth: 269 euros (left by 499). The Kirin processor does not convince me, just like the battery. Even so, I think it's a good buy for what it costs now.
- 5.2 "IPS screen with full HD 1080p resolution
- Processor Kirin 930 (OctaCore, 64 bits, Cortex A53 at 2GHz + 1.5GHz at 16nm)
- 3GB RAM LPDDR3
- 16GB of storage expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- 13MP camera with its own processor, dual LED flash, OIS
- 8MP front camera
- 144.9 x 71.8 x 6.4mm
- 144 grams of weight
- 2680mAh battery
- Audio DSP Hi6402
- Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, LTE, DualSIM (nanoSIM-microSD).
What do you think of this selection? Some are more bargains than others, but all are a very good purchase if you want an economical smartphone, which still holds the pull and, above all, with the quality in construction that only the high-end offers. Of course: you should bear in mind that the years in hardware weigh.
8. HTC One A9
I add an eighth mobile because I found it updating the prices of this article. How about an HTC One A9 for 299 euros? It is a fairly recent mobile (October last year) that remains at its original price within the HTC store: 649 euros. That is, we can find it for less than half.
The HTC One A9 has already started at a disadvantage: a mid-range hardware in terms of power unable to fight against the high-end of the moment. Although yes: the HTC One A9 in hand is a real wonder. And do not behave badly, things as they are. Especially for the 300 euros that is worth now in some stores.
- 5 "AMOLED screen with FullHD resolution and Gorilla Glass 4 curved.
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 617, Adreno 405 GPU.
- 2GB of RAM.
- 16GB of storage expandable via microSD up to 2TB.
- Rear camera of 13MP, OIS, BSI, RAW capture and f / 2.
- UltraPixel front camera, f / 2.
- 2150mAh battery.
- Fingerprint reader.
- Ultraslim metallic design.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow + HTC Sense 7.0.
- 145 x 70 x 7.2, 143 grams.