iPhone users are always eagerly awaiting the latest iOS updates because of the newly introduced features, and plenty of performance fixes. Usually, the update is delivered by your mobile service provider, but there is a chance that the automated process might not be completed successfully. If you are wondering whether your iPhone has an update available, then we have prepared a quick guide on how to check if your iPhone is up-to-date.
- Go to your iPhone’s ‘Settings’ category.
- Select ‘General’ and then ‘Software Update.’
- Tap on ‘Customize Automatic Updates’ – it should be at the bottom of the list.
- Make sure that ‘Download iOS Updates’ and ‘Install iOS Updates’ are both turned on.
- Once these options are set, your phone will update automatically when possible.
To apply an update manually, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Settings.’
- Then select ‘General’ > ‘Software Update.’
- If there is a red circle next to ‘Software Update’ then there is an update available.
- Click ‘Download and Install.’